Burrito bowls are one of the easiest and most perfect meals for a family with different dietary needs and for potluck meals with friends. The components are easy to make and can be made ahead of time. Everyone loves them! Plus everyone can build there own burrito bowl with the ingredients they love.
This is bowl food at its best. You begin by layering rice with a hearty Mexican flavored filling, top it with some veggies, cheese, salsa and sour cream. Serve it with chips or tortillas. It is easy to substitute ingredients with what you have on hand. It is also easy to scale up or down depending on how many people you are serving.
If you are hosting a potluck, have each family bring one or two items and it will be one of the easiest and most flavorful meal everyone will enjoy!
- 2 pounds taco meat ground beef, shredded chicken or shredded pork seasoned with taco seasoning
- 2 cups black beans precooked in the instant pot or from a can
- 2 cups corn roasted or sauted
- 1 head lettuce shredded
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 8 ounces cheese shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- tortillas or tortilla chips
- Heat the meat or beans as necessary
- Put all the ingredients out on a buffet so everyone can serve themselves
Vegetarian Burrito Bowls:
- Use ground meat substitute
- Seasoned Black Beans
Dairy Free Burrito Bowls:
- Don’t Add Cheese or Sour Cream
- Use dairy free cheese or sour cream substitutes
Investment Cooking Tips:
- Prepare Taco Meat in a 5 pound batch using the Instant Pot. (If the meat is frozen in takes 30 minutes on high pressure, let come down for 10 minutes. Remove the meat from the pressure cooker and breakup into ground pieces. Add a little of the liquid back into the meat. )Freeze divided up into 4 quart size baggies.
- Prepare 1 pound of Black Beans in the Instant Pot according to the instructions in this post: Black Beans in the Instant Pot Then freeze in quart size baggies. Make sure the make the bags flat and squish out the air before freezing.
- If using shredded chicken or pork, use your stand mixer to do the work for you like this: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18007175452264045/
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as our family does!
Leave a Reply