One of our family’s favorite go to meals is Supreme Nacho Casserole (which my husband affectionately named Carl). It is one of the first meals my kids learn to make because it is so simple. I try to always keep the ingredients on hand to make this delicious Mexican dish. It only takes 30 minutes start to finish and most of that time is hands off. If you are looking for a warm dish everyone will like I think this will fit the bill!
I prepare a smaller baking dish without the ground beef for our vegetarians.
Serve the Nacho Casserole with:
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
Leftover casserole makes a delicious burrito filling.
More of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes:
Supreme Nacho Casserole
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1/2 pound ground beef cooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Layer the ingredients in your favorite baking dish (I love using my Pampered Chef stoneware for easy clean up. Start with the refried beans spread evenly over the bottom of the dish, add the ground beef, then spread the salsa over the beef, finish with the cheese.
- You can add sliced olives or jalapenos on top of the cheese.
- Vegetarian Version: Just leave out the ground beef
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips
- Leftovers make a great filling for a burrito.
Leave a Reply