Meatballs are just a wonderful gift waiting for you in the freezer. You can add them to a jar of spaghetti sauce and serve them over spaghetti, make a sub, Swedish meatballs, Sweet & Sour Meatballs or just serve them with ketchup or BBQ sauce!
Make Ahead Meatballs
- 4 pounds lean ground beef — or pork or turkey or a combo
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup onion – diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients very well with your hands in a large bowl.
- For Meatballs: Form approx. 180 meatballs (large walnut size). (A medium cookie scoop works great for this.) Place meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center. Cool. Flash Freeze then bag in freezer bags.
- To serve: thaw meatballs and bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes or heat in a sauce.